Mass Media Quickies: Where were the winners of the Golden Globe?



The ongoing strike by the Writers' Guild of America (WGA) meant this year's Golden Globe awards were a low-key event.

Organisers the Hollywood Foreign Press Association replaced the usually glitzy ceremony with a dry press conference that was a celebrity free zone.

It meant the winners had to ditch their usual red-carpet event... so what did they do instead?

"We managed to rustle up two champagne glasses... That's as glamorous as it gets." Tom Hooper, Longford director, who said he wore jeans, no shoes and a "scruffy shirt".

"I kinda didn't want to watch. It would just make me tense or nervous. I knew if my phone was ringing when I walked into my hotel room that I would have won, and it was. Nobody calls a loser." David Duchovny, winner for best actor in a TV comedy or musical series, who went to the cinema instead.

Read the rest of the Where were the winners of the Golden Globe?

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: